Friday, May 02, 2008

Oakbrook Terrace

Got lost on the way out to Oakbrook Terrace today. The Great White Moose's gas gauge was on empty, so I got off at Highland Avenue to look for gas before heading to the Staybridge Suites to meet my cousin. I drove down Butterfield Road for quite some time before I happened upon a Mobil station, which was completely out of gas. Ran over to the BP; they weren't, and $67.10 later, we were back on our way. Headed all the way back down Butterfield and found my cousin's hotel.

We picked her up -- she looks so much like my mother, it was disconcerting. She looked great, and was lovely with the kids. Later, The Girl asked several times if 'ria (Maria) could come over again. Maria lives in Japan, so it isn't likely, but maybe Maria will be stationed stateside again soon and we can see her. I've never met her husband or her two children.

Anyway, we were all hungry, so we headed to the mothership for lunch. Afterwards, we left the car in the lot, and walked across the street to Oakbrook Center. The Baby liked playing in the dirt of the tulip beds while The Girl and The Boy enjoyed through 1Y pieces that Maria had given them to throw into the fountains. And she and I caught up on family news, etc.

We went into the Land of Nod to change diapers and play, and to Hanna Andersson so that I could make a return. We stopped for 3 milkboxes, 3 cookies, and an iced-tea lemonade at Starbuck's, then made our weary walk back to the car.

No comments: