Friday, May 09, 2008

Friday Frenzy

I am beat. It has been a long day and a long week.

The Dad took The Boy to school this morning, and brought me home a coffee. I was going to go back to bed, but I sat in it and read last week's paper instead. Then I put The Baby down for a nap, left The Dad working in the basement, and took The Girl to Julie's 11 a.m. Advanced Music class. She had a great time learning about the different "families" of musical instruments.

After music class, we stopped at the Farmer's Market Garden Center to pick out some plants for the garden. The Girl was very excited to pick out plants. We got some pretty purple annuals for the front planters, which she then helped me plant when we got home.

The Baby woke up, we had a quick lunch, and picked up The Boy from school. We went over to Ethan's house for a playdate.

By the time we got home, The Girl was exhausted. She passed out on The Dad. I put The Baby to bed also, and The Boy and I had a little date together. We went to the Golden Nugget for dinner (his choice) and then to his school's art show. Service was slow tonight, but the food was good as usual. I got the short stack of pancakes (I always liked their pancakes over Alp's), and The Boy got his usual order of chicken fingers and chocolate milk. Our old neighbors were sitting in the next booth over. As an "art mom," I found the art show rather anti-climatic, but The Boy had a good time running around with his friends and showing me his stuff.

And now, I am exhausted and going to bed.




No comments: