Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Free for a Week

Good lord, I use the "shopping" tag a lot. I have always liked shopping, but working full-time precluded me engaging in it on a regular basis. But as a mostly stay-at-home mom, I often have a lot of time to kill. With three kids (and three kids' scheduling constraints), I often find myself running errands or shopping during the snippets of time I have rather than going on culturally enriching outings. But, once upon a time, that was not so. If the stars aligned, I could take advantage of Chicago's vast activities calendar to bring the kids to a free program every day of the week. In the winter or during inclement weather (summer affords us more/better options), these activities might include

Monday - Morning Glory Mondays @ Garfield Park Conservatory
Tuesday - Story hour @ Pottery Barn Kids Market Square
Wednesday - Little Red Tot Spot @ St. Edward Church OR day @ Lincoln Park Zoo
Thursday - Free day @ the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
Friday - Story hour with Neely @ Book Cellar in Lincoln Square

No comments: