Saturday, April 26, 2008

On Foot

After taking The Boy to school and Jamming with Julie, I dropped The Great White Moose off at Purr-fect at 11 a.m. this morning for a reluctant (on their part) detail job. And then spent the rest of the day without wheels.

On the walk home, we stopped at McDonald's for lunch at The Girl's request. Once home, we spent the rest of the afternoon puttering and getting ready for my Lia Sophia party-that-wasn't. The Girl's friend Charlotte came over for a bit while her mom ran a few errands and then picked up The Boy from school and brought him home. They hung out for awhile, which was nice.

By 5 p.m., the humidity that had been building all day turned into threatening thunderstorms. A semi-truck rammed into a bus station, half my guestlist had canceled due to illness, and my co-host was stuck in traffic. With those odds, what is a mama to do? Cancel the party.

By 7:30 p.m., the weather was awful. Four of my neighbors came over to drink wine with me anyway. All mothers, we talked about schools, real estate, childcare, and the neighborhood. It was a great time.

No comments: