Thursday, April 10, 2008

Class Mom

It's been a crazy week of school-momminess. On Monday, I was the "mom of the day" in The Girl's classroom at Mother's Day Out. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually enjoyed four hours in the company of 14 two- and three-year-olds. We played, we listened to a Bible story, we ate lunch, we went to the park and the kids played outside for a long time. I had a kid on my lap nearly all the time, and it almost always was not my child. The Girl was happy to share my lap with her classmates. One little boy had a hilarious (to me, probably because it wasn't my child) non-accidental "accident" that resulted in some pooper-scooper ministrations on the part of his teachers. Once the item was removed from his pants, he was happy to go play again, although Ms. Sandra brought him back early to change him.

On Tuesday, I volunteered as an art mom in The Boy's class, helping a bunch of 4- and 5-year-olds to decorate stuffed fish, sharks, seahorses, and starfish with tissue paper, glitter glue, and various other pretties. I had so much fun with watered-down glue and tissue paper that I bought some for us to do at home one day.

And today, I spent the morning at our Mother's Day Out coffee, trying on Shade t-shirts and spending a small fortune on several to wear throughout the spring and summer.

No comments: