Tuesday, January 15, 2008

IKEA, how do I love thee?

Let me count the ways...

It's 20 degrees outside, your eldest child is in school until 2 p.m., there is nothing you need to do today. What to do to entertain yourself and your youngest two children? IKEA!

The Boy is now in school until 2:30 p.m. everyday and while he is enjoying his friends' potty humor, The Girl and The Baby and I are freed up to make longer outings. So, today we met our friend Cara and her Boy and Girl2, at the big blue box for lunch and general meandering through the store.

A cool thing I discovered about IKEA not too long ago? Free lockers! I don't think anyone knows this except for me (Cara didn't), but IKEA provides free lockers for coats, bags, etc. in their lobby. I never put anything really valuable in there, but it's nice not to have to schlep not only my coat, but the hats, mittens, buntings and various other outerwear of my children, throughout the store.

IKEA was a ghost-town today, so The Girl could run around to her heart's content. Cara's Boy and Girl2, potty-trained as they are, went into Smalland for a bit. Sadly, the playhouse area in the kids' section has been removed since the last time we were there. We ate three meals at IKEA -- a coffee and a cinnamon bun just as we got there, lunch -- mac & cheese for The Girl, Swedish meatballs and mash for The Baby and me, and ice cream for The Girl on the way out.

No comments: