Thursday, January 10, 2008

Chicago's Best-Kept Secret

...has got to be the Salvation Army Thrift Store on Clybourn. I hesitate to even post it, but shopping there does require an adventurous spirit and time. Plus, my blog readership is so small that I am not too worried that my beloved SA will be more mobbed than usual on my next visit. The SA figures heavily into one of my new year's resolutions, which is to suppress my inner consumer by buying goods second-hand.

I went yesterday while The Boy and The Girl were at school. Scored brand-name clothes for me, The Baby, and the The Girl. I went last week and found a PBK Anywhere Chair for $6. An Oxyclean soak and it's all good. The Girl's Christmas present? A $15 Land of Nod white wooden refrigerator in near-perfect condition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like a great thrift store! Sounds like a good one!