Wednesday, June 04, 2008

School Supplies!

I am such a geek. The Boy's Kindergarten preparation/registration packet came yesterday in the mail. In it were a welcome letter for me and The Dad, a welcome letter for The Boy, schedule and run-through of a typical day, teacher name and information, curriculum information, and lists of school supplies. School supplies! I love back-to-school supplies. It's June and he just got out of school for the summer; he doesn't go back until September 2, and yet, I'm totally geeked about school supplies.

I thinkI must have really liked school as a kid. At least the academic/learning part. Every few months, I have a "trying to finish school" dream. It's usually a sign that I need to take a class or learn something new. I've been busy learning how to get my kid into CPS, so I haven't had one in awhile. I just joined Facebook and have noted all the Graduate School Year notations on my friends' names; I really want to go back to school myself, but in my professional field, there is no real point. I've been promising myself a French (conversation) class for awhile; I hope to take one this fall. Once upon a time, I was a fluent in that language. I used to stay current in my French with a trip to France or a French-speaking area every few years, but the American dollar is so weak (and, uh, I have 3 kids!) that I have little chance of jetting over to Lyon anytime soon.

No comments: