Monday, August 14, 2006

The Insanity of Pediatric Dermatology

Do you believe this stuff? The Girl has a birthmark on her knee. Her pediatrician has recommended that I make an appointment with one of the peds derms at Children's Memorial Hospital to have it looked at. I've been actively trying to get an appointment booked since June. The books just opened this morning at 9 a.m., so I called at approximately 9:03 (since at 9:01, I was still getting the answering service). Multiple times. I was put on hold each time and put into voicemail. So I just got a call back at 10:44 a.m. and the only appointment left was in Westchester at 8:45 a.m. in November. CRAZY. There are only 5 peds derms in the state of Illinois -- all of them are in Chicago. Four are at CMH; the fifth (who The Boy has seen for a weird fingernail problem) is at the University of Chicago.

No comments: