Sunday, April 05, 2009

Score at the Treasure Store

Sometimes I wonder why anyone shops retail for kids' clothing. Sometimes I wonder why I shop retail for kids' clothing (although I did get The Boy a fabulous t-shirt at Beth T.'s Boden trunk show yesterday). After the trunk show, I met The Fam at the the park and spent a good hour chasing little kids up and down slides. Then I headed to our local Treasure Store to find something for us all to wear to my nephew's baptism in Seattle next weekend.

The purpose of the trip was not to find name-brands, but to find pieces for The Boy and The Girl that would coordinate with an existing outfit (a gift) for The Tot. And I got lucky. Found a dress for The Girl that both has pink in it and coordinates with the yellow and blue of The Tot's set, as well as a pair of khaki dress pants in The Boy's size and an Arc-en-Ciel (name brand) blue dress shirt for The Boy. Also got a pair of cleats for The Boy's new Monday afternoon soccer club and a pair of dress shoes for me to go with the $6 new-with-tags Ann Taylor dress I got last week during my other T.S. outing with Debra.

No comments: