Sunday, October 07, 2007

CPS

And with the fall comes the annual hunt for school. I'm in it for real this time, as The Boy will start the big K next fall. A few weeks ago, I attended the open house for Belding in Old Irving Park. While the school did not blow me away, I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. It's currently on the top of my list as a local option. Although its test scores were not as good as Murphy, our local school, Belding goes to a higher grade level and its student population is more diverse. Still, I have a huge list of schools to consider further. I have marked with an asterisk those schools where I know someone (parent, child, LSC member).

Beaubien
Blaine*
Bridge
Burley
Canty
Chicago Academy
Courtenay
Decatur
Dever
Dirksen
Ebinger
Edgebrook
Edison
Farnsworth
Garvy
Gray
Hawthorne*
Inter-American
Lyon
Norwood Park
Onahan
Oriole Park
Peterson
Prussing
Sauganash
Stone
Thorp*
Wildwood

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.